Sunday, July 09, 2006

Warning - Drama Spoilers!



This year's drama was based on the account in 1 Kings 13:1-32. Rather than describe the account here, I've just posted a few photos. If you want to know what's going on, you'll have to read the passage yourself!

"King Jeroboam is just being reasonable. Having the festival here in Bethel is a lot easier for the people. The golden calf is just to represent Jehovah. It's not the same thing at all as false worship."

"You surely are a prophet of the true God! The King's hand was withered until your prayers softened the face of Jehovah. And, no one has ever made such pronouncements before the King!"

"You must not make a carved image for yourselves." "You rebelled and turned back, although Jehovah had commanded that you not eat bread or drink water, nor return by the way that you went!"

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those are some neat photos:), I Loved this drama!!! I got to see it twice:D and I loved how it was unlike any drama we have ever had, when I attended my convention the speaker gave us questions before the drama to ponder over and to watch intentivly to find out the answers. It was just amazing! It would have been soo cool to have seen it again and in a different part of the Country;)

~L8rz

Saturday, July 29, 2006 7:25:00 p.m.  
Blogger Atomiton said...

I wish I had paid more attention to the talk beforehand... but being an attendant sometimes makes it more difficult. I thought it was interesting where the SOURCE of the trouble came from...
Did you have a golden calf? We had an actual calf that split in two. It was great Special Effects!

Wednesday, August 02, 2006 11:51:00 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ooooo sooo did We!:D, it was awesome, and I mean if some wern't paying attention until that point everyone was awake after that, cause the sound just blasted right then, made my little sister jump, tehehe.:)

Friday, August 11, 2006 4:02:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home