Saturday, February 11, 2006

Ball of flame in sky! Aaugh!

The best description of Springtime in Vancouver ever!
Sun? Is that sun? I've cracked the blinds on my office window for the first time in months, and my eyes are watering in the light. Will my fragile melatonin levels be violently disrupted, thrown into chaos at the first burst of light in ages?

I can picture the denizens of Vancouver: in Dunbar, students are crawling out of damp little basement holes to peer with cautious optimism at the sky, murmuring "is it real? Is it spring?" to each other in hushed tones. In Stanley Park, desperate rollerbladers are strapping on their blades to make a fast-as-lightning trip around the seawall before the rain returns. Everywhere, new Vancouver arrivals from elsewhere are being prodded by locals who gloat, "I told you the sun comes back someday. Vancouver is beautiful in the sun."

Only three more months to go before this is a reliable, common event.

1 Comments:

Blogger Michael Brighter said...

Donde Hay Esperanza, Hay Vida


If love be calm and passions cool,
And romantic verse retire,
Who shall ignite,
Affection’s light,
That burns near bright as fire?

If love be pure and Heaven’s tool,
And suffer dearest ire,
All this I prove,
With every move,
How pure is my desire.

Command of me, and true, you see,
What Ancients bide and birth,
So shall I scribe,
And near describe,
Myself, my soul, my worth.

Demand of me, so prove to thee,
To whom I so aspire,
That truth is mine,
Let faith entwine,
And forevermore inspire.

Thursday, May 11, 2006 2:45:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home