Wednesday, July 21, 2004

Phone Spam?

I am sick and tired of these stupid hang-up calls. For months now, I have been getting phone calls from 416-924-0280, about once a week or so, where they hang up as soon as I answer the call. Now this is in of itself supremely annoying, but since I often forward my home phone to my cell when I am out, it means a wasted minute of airtime at each occurrence. Frustrated, I searched the number online. No results (of course) for any of the reverse searches I tried, and on Google, only this lone post. I was glad to find that I was not the only one (I would have started to develop paranoid tendencies soon) dealing with these morons, but why does the author of the post not include the solution offered by Telus? Was he silenced? Or......???

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

To the person with the annoying phone calls. Got a few of these myself. Just now find out that it's the Globe & Mail tryin to sell subscriptions. You're probably hearing the computer dial you up, and finally someone picks it up when they figure out there's a live person on the other end. Most likely the number is one of those call centres that'll call for pretty much everything.

Wednesday, August 04, 2004 7:24:00 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I received a call from this same number and it was the Globe and Mail checking delivery of my newspaper from a subscription.

Tuesday, October 19, 2004 11:26:00 a.m.  
Blogger Geneviève said...

Thanks for your thoughts, that explanation (newspaper/computer caller) does sound like the most likely scenario.

One mystery is solved, only to leave a new one in its wake: Who is "Anonymous"???

Tuesday, October 19, 2004 6:08:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home