Friday, December 05, 2003

Trouble in paradise

Well... the menagerie is getting out of hand...

The cage I bought is really neat, the plastic tub that slides underneath is large, though not quite deep enough to keep the shavings in it! And the wire floor is a little snug: I had to loosen the frame so that it would slide in all the way.

Anyhow, I put the tub with woodchips in, took the wire floor out again, and showed the critters their new home.....

Problem: the pigs are scared of the baby bunny, and before I knew it they were all chasing eachother around the tub, squeeling and jumping, woodchips flying all over the place! I scooped the bunny out onto my shoulder, and let the pigs calm down (squeeeek! squeeek! squeeek! squick... squick... tweet-tweet... chirp-chirp). Then, with bunny still on my shoulder, I put the wire floor back in...

... and bunny now lives upstairs!! Serves them right if they get pooped on!

Hopefully they'll get used to eachother's scent, and I'll be able to put them all as roomies before too long. If not, well I guess we are all screwed!

How did Noah manage it???

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home