Monday, December 08, 2003

if she says go home, go home!

Today was an uneventful day, for the most part. Class was same-o, I had a parent interview at 3:15, and I puttered around as I planned for tomorrow. Other than the photocopier being broken (again), everying was pretty hum drum.

Around 4:30 Karina (teaches gr 6/7) wanted to know if I wanted to go grab some grub together, so we went to Thai Away something-or-other near Cambie and 17th. After a delicious and cheap dinner (green curry, a spring roll, salad and soup) we crossed Cambie to grab a nutella and banana crepe with vanilla ice-cream on the side. Yuh-mee!

Upon leaving, I offered to give Karina a lift back downtown, and she said "oh no, you probably just want to go home" but as it really wasn't that far, I convinced her. As we went over the Cambie street bridge, Karina explained that she wanted to be let off near the Urban Fare, so I followed the sign in the right-hand lane to get to Pacific Blvd - West. Lo and behold, the exit turned out to be in the left lane, despite the sing! So I made a quick right-hand turn..... into a one way street!

Now, my mistake was fairly obvious - aside from the fact that there were only white lines on the road (no yellow centre lane), there was the other clue: headlights coming my way! I quickly made for another right turn, but not before a lovely large SUV drove nose to nose with my car, and then blared on his horn at me...... perhaps he thought I had not noticed traffic, headlights, and his large bumper under my nose? Certainly the horn was the only possible way to alert me to my error!!!

Anyhow, we made it to Urban Fare, where I dropped a laughing Karina off, and made a U-turn to go back home.... right in front of a grinning, finger-wagging, head-shaking policeman!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home