Saturday, November 08, 2003

not dead yet

Tis a good thing I am no correspondant for some paper or other, for what news would you receive? I hope that I will improve beyond making barely more than one post a month!

You may be wondering about the cats.... Hobbes has gained weight, no longer needs force feeding (thank goodness ~ I can now avoid wearing cat food to work). He has become healthy enought to complain about being sequestered in my room. He is unhappy in the main part of the appartment, because Coby and he still fight, but he was unhappy in my room, and showed me most generously by annointing my bed! Not so serendipitously, that is about the time I decided to reclaim my room as my own! I left both of them out that night, and, having found them both alive (though grumpy) the next morning, decided that their chances of surviving the rest of their lives together in the same place were getting better every hour.

The funny part is that while Coby seems to have relented enough to chase Hobbes merely for sport, Hobbes is now the one who hisses and growls on sight! So unforgiving! Ah well, they still eat separately, because Coby will never be above stealing food whenever the opportunity presents itself!

Does my writing style feel a little passé in its execution? I have been reaquainting myself with Jane Austen recently, and have found a renewed passion for elegantly turned phrases and high flown vocabulary! Sensible? Perhaps not, but satisfactory nonetheless. Who can deny a teacher the pleasure of playing with language?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home